- When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Cattex’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Site.
The type of personal information we collect
- We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Site.
- The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, user uploaded photos, payment information, transactional details, tax information, content you direct us to make available on our Sites (such as item descriptions) and web analytics data.
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site, or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration, buy products, or use a services on our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, fill out a form, or send us a communication.
Personal information we collect about you from others
- Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- financial and/or transaction details from payment providers located in Italy or US, in order to process a transaction;
- web analytics data, provided to us by various programs like, Google-Analytics or Google Ads.
How we use personal information
- We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Site, like where you purchase an item from our Site.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Site;
- providing you with services described on the Site;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to our Site;
- responding to support requests, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training Cattex staff about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our products and services.
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
- We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information, in particular: website hosting providers which are located in the US; technical and customer support services which are located in Italy and US; marketing and analytics services which are located in the US; security and fraud prevention services which are located in the US; payment processing services which are located in Italy and the US; and operational tooling services which are located in the US. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in Italy;
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
- We are based in Italy so your data will be processed in Italy and the US. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in Italy or electronic files kept in a secure location in Italy and the US. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication and also data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
- You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy champion using the contact details at the end of this policy or by using our GDPR Tools.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By changing your preferences directly from our Site or by modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
- When you visit our Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Site; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Information about children
- Our Site is not suitable for children under the age of 18 years, so if you are a minor we ask that you do not use our Site or give us your personal information. If you are under the age of 18 years, you can browse the Site but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Site.
Information you make public or give to others
How long we keep your personal information
When we need to update this policy
- We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
- When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, you can contact our privacy champion Catallo Be